As we prepare to welcome in the New Year of 2022, we have our fingers crossed we can carry on with our adventure, see some new (and old) places, meet up with family and friends, while continuing to be safe and well.
We’re looking back at what the last year has brought us and some of the places we have been.
We stayed at:
- 32 Caravan and Motorhome Club Sites;
- 34 Caravan and Motorhome Club Certified Locations;
- 5 Camping and Caravan Club Sites;
- 16 Independent Sites;
- 2 Motorhome Stopovers;
- 2 nights Off Grid; and
- 3 nights at home.
We left Lockdown 3 on 12th April, 2021 and have had a great time, travelling up to the Northern Coast of Scotland, completing the NC500, travelling along Hadrian’s Wall across Northumberland, down the east coast of England, discovered the Meridian Line, caught up with family, just missed meeting friends (who were on the same campsite, but arrived as we prepared to leave!).
We had an emergency trip to the vet, nothing serious as it turned out, but still a worry; found some great places to eat (and some not so great!) and followed whims as to where to go. We stayed at a variety of Racecourses, fishing lakes, Marinas and even an Aerodrome, followed the Grand Union Canal north and retraced our steps to the Bristol and Somerset.
We’ve rediscovered places we thought we knew, but found better weather really helped! Taken time to relax and not rush around, and seen some sights. We’ve learnt some good lessons (the hard way), if a site looks too difficult to get into don’t bother – this would have prevented an argument with a fence post/ LPG Lorry and a couple of sleepless nights working out how to get out of a site!
We have tried to think of our best places of the year (in no order):
- The Lodge CL, Halmer End, Stoke;
- Omaha Meadows CL, Verwood, Hampshire;
- Grove Lock Marina CL, Leighton Buzzard;
- Blythe Waters CL, Solihull;
- Salisbury Camping and Caravanning Club Site;
- Slinfold Caravan and Motorhome Club Site;
- Bunree Caravan and Motorhome Club Site;
- Dunnet Bay Caravan and Motorhome Club Site;
- Seacroft Caravan and Motorhome Club Site, Cromer;
- Gamrie Bay CL, Banff, Scotland;
- Findhorn Motorhome Stopover, Scotland;
- Minehead Caravan and Motorhome Club Site;
- Lochgilphead Caravan Park;
- Boston Aerodrome CL, Lincolnshire;
- Lost Acres CL; and
- Baltic Wharf Caravan and Motorhome Club Site, Bristol.
We don’t know when we’ll be able to get to France and Spain, but we’ve got our fingers crossed. For now, we’re happy to be safe and well and hope you are too. As always, thank you for reading, wishing you a happy and safe 2022, we’ll be back soon…..